Thursday, August 30, 2012

England #5 North Wales




Ph, Private

On our fifth day we went to Wales. We first drove pass the north coast and visited Conwy. Conwy is a city largely built between the Medieval town walls. These walls and Conwy castle were built on request of Edward I, during the thirteenth century. During our visit I heard some people talking a strange languages, probably the old Welsh language. Back in the car I searched for a Welsh radio-channel, what a language. I couldn't make head or tail of it, just brilliant!

We also visited Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch on Anglesey: an island located at the north west coast of Wales. The village has the longest place name in Europe, unpronounceable.

xx 
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Follow me on Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 face-book-heritage-mode. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator